Kanche Iliah who boasts himself as a Professor and scientist comes up with many racist, prejudiced, bigoted anti-Hindu statements. We will look at each of his statements in detail and provide counter-arguments to bring out truth. This will help not only prove that he is foreign funded pro-Christian agent but also anti-Dalit, anti-Ambedkar and racist in nature.
We will do a multi-part series reviewing each time some of his statements.
Statement 1. Prof. Kanche Iliah bases every book and discussion based on Aryan Invasion Theory. This theory is rejected by Dr. B R Ambedkar himself.
Review : Aryan Invasion Theory a conspiracy created by British to divide and rule India. This theory claims that upper castes have migrated from outside of India and occupied lands of native lower-caste inhabitants.
Prof. Kanche Iliah while boasting himself as staunch follower of Dr. B R Ambedkar supports Aryan Invasion theory. Dr. B R Ambedkar, in his detailed works about castes on several occasions disproved Aryan Invasion Theory. Here are few evidences.
1) “Who were Sudras”, Dr Ambedkar disproved the Aryan Invasion Theory with sound logic. After explaining at length that the caste system has nothing to do with the Aryan invasion.
2) The Vedas do not know any such race as the Aryan race.
3) There is no evidence in the Vedas of an invasion of India by the Aryan race and its having conquered the Dasas and Dasyus supposed to be the natives of India.” (Dr. Ambedkar, “Writings & Speeches”, Vol. 7, pages 74-85)
4) Not only that “caste existed much before Manu. It is incorrect to say that Brahmins created caste. The Brahmins might have committed many sins but to impose caste system on the whole non-Brahmin people is beyond their capacity.” (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in “Caste in India”)
5) Ambedkar declares: “Brahmins and the untouchables belong to the same race. From this it follows that if the Brahmins are Aryans, the untouchables are also Aryans. If the Brahmins are Dravidians, the untouchables are also Dravidians.” (Dr. Ambedkar, “Writings & Speeches”, Vol. 7, pages 302-303)
Statement 2: Prof. Kanche Iliah is Pro-Christian and advocates conversion of Dalits to Christianity which is against Dr.B R Ambedkar’s stand.
Review: Prof. Kanche Iliah while making many unjust and false accusations against Hinduism converted to Christianity. He made many appeals to Christian missionaries to help converting Hindus and destroying Hinduism and establishing Christian nation.
Christianity stands rejected by Dr B R Ambedkar for three reasons: 1) because of its extra-territorial based political nature, 2) its alien nature, and 3) theological deficiency to support democracy.
Here are few statements in support of anti-christian view of Dr. B R Ambedkar:
1) Babasaheb Ambedkar was approached by many to convert to Islam and Christianity. Hindus did not want him to leave the fold of Hinduism. He was offered monetary rewards by missionaries as well (including the Nizam of Hyderabad). His words “if one converts to Christianity he ceases to be an Indian. The brotherhood in Islam is confined to the Believers; that is, only to Muslims. It cannot promote universal brother-hood. I will not convert to either of these religions. I will convert to one of the religions that are born here, in this country India. Of all the various Indic religions, Sanatan Dharma, Arya Samaj, Vaishnavism. Savaism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Veerasevism, etc. Buddhism appeals to me most . It is all humanity embracing . It has no castes. I will therefore convert to Buddhism and advise all my Dalit brothers to convert to Buddhism and avoid conversion non-Indic religion”. Dr. B.R.Ambedkar’s patriotism and his message of patriotism to be the down -trodden in India is very clear- Conversion to non-Indic religions is undesirable and will be detrimental to the integrity of this nation and this country.
2) If they go over to Christianity, the numerical strength of the Christians becomes five to six crore. It will help to strengthen the hold of Britain on the country.
3) When Swami Dharma Teertha, a convert to Christianity, asked Dr Ambedkar why not convert to Christianity, Dr Ambedkar explained that “going over to Buddhism was like change of rooms within a house, easier but to Christianity was like change of houses”.
4) “To support Democracy because we are all children of God is a very weak foundation for Democracy to rest on” and suggested ‘Brahmaism’ based on mahavakyas as the strongest basis of democracy. He definitively rejected one of the fundamental faith axioms of not only Christianity but also Islam. Because for Dr Ambedkar, democracy was not just a political system but a way of life. When he found the very fundamental faith of Christianity, the fatherhood of God, as a shaky foundation for democracy he naturally rejected Christianity.
Statement 3: Prof. Kanche Iliah written “Why I am not a Hindu” book and calls for moving to Christianity.
Review: Kanche Iliah holds racist, prejudiced and bigoted views on HInduism and advocates Christianity. While Kancha Iliah poses the question “Why I am not a Hindu”, David Frawley answers through the book “How I became a Hindu” in 200 pages.
David Frawley is more or less of the same age as Iliah. If Iliah’s parents are born in a sheep-rearing caste, David’s parents belonged to a dairy farm. His father is Irish and mother German. Like Ilaiah’s family, David’s family is not much educated either. Ilaiah realised the greatness of the Christian Church only after being educated. But David was born into a pure Catholic-Christian family. His uncle worked as a Christian evangelist in South America. David’s mother desired that her son should follow the same vocation.
Thus, a middle class, West American (Wisconsin) born Christian, David Frawley was not satisfied with the Christianity he imbibed since childhood. He started on an intellectual journey studying Communism, Taoism, Zen, Buddhism, Islam and many other schools of thought, posed questions, sought answers and finally came to the conclusion that only Hinduism withstood all tests of logic and is capable of showing the way to the highest spiritual fulfilment of man. He disproves the current intellectual fad that the Vedas are crude appeals to natural forces by aborigines and only Upanishadic teachings are the essence of Hinduism.
He rediscovered that the profundity of Hinduism stems from the Vedas only. He learnt Sanskrit, toiled to study Vedas. For twenty years, he propagated the sublimities and modernity of the Vedic tradition in America and India. Much applauded and respected for his knowledge of Hindu Dharma, David finally adopted it and was given the name Vamadeva Shastri.
One who was destined to be a Christian preacher, not only left that religion and adopted the Hindu religion which the so-called secularists considered as the cess-pool of superstition and polytheism, full of inequality and ignorance. The circumstances that led and the influences that paved the way for this transformation were picturesquely dealt with in the book “How I became a Hindu“. The book is brought out by the Voice of India Publications, 2/18, Ansari Road, New Delhi – 110002. Priced at a modest Rs. 120/-, the book is an eye opener to the half-baked critiques of Hinduism.
Frawley explains his journey towards Hinduism as follows (p. 11-12 and 81-83) – Born in America, traveled widely, studied most religions, David Frawley comes to the conclusion that Hindu Dharma is the path-finder to the world and answer to all questions. Having concluded so, he joined the Hindu-fold and proudly declares that he is a Hindu.
But Kancha Ilaiah, born in India, brought up in Hindu civilisation and occupying a professorship in an Indian university declares, “We hate the Hindu religion.” He raves that the Hindu religion destroys all that is lofty and sober in man. According to him, to split open the belly of a cow is not himsa. Hindu temples should be captured, the Brahmins be driven away and their gold, silver and land should be confiscated.’ Thus the likes of Iliah mistake their own intellectual delirium for a commitment to some cause. Only Hindu dharma can save him.
Statement 4 : Kanche Iliah having racist attitude in a prejudiced manner claims Vegetarians are not fit to serve Army.
Review: Vegetarianism is not limited to few castes of Hindu Dharma and it’s also practiced by some backward, scheduled caste & tribes for many generations.
1) Ramji father of Dr. B R Ambedkar is a Vegetarian and tee-totaller which implies that Babasaheb might have become a vegetarian coming from that family and also a vegetarian during later part of his life.
2) Brokpa tribe from Scheduled Tribes are known for their physical strength in living harsh Himalayan climate are vegetarians.
Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians co-existed from time immemorial.
Few Vegetarians during freedom struggle and in Indian Army are:
1) Mangal Pandey who lead Sepoy Mutiny-first war of independence
2) Chandra Sekhar Azad an affiliate of Bhagat Singh and a ferocious freedom fighter.
3) Tanguturi Prakasham who dared to show his chest before British Guns.
4) General K. V. Krishna Rao was Chief of the Indian Army and fought Indo-Pak Warm in 1971.
5) General Krishnaswamy Sundarji was Chief of Indian Army received Param Vishisht Seva Medal
6) General Sundararajan Padmanabhan commanded an Infantry Brigade and served as Chief of Indian Army.
7) Somnath Sharma and Naik Jadunath Singh (WW II, Indo-Pak War) received Param Vir Chakra for their bravery in Indian Army.
World famous Vegan Body Builders:
1) Bill Pearl was American former bodybuilder during the 1950s and ’60s. He won several awards as a lacto-ovo vegetarian, including the title of Mr. Universe five times, and was named “World’s Best-Built Man of the Century.”
2) Jim Morris over his 30-year career, he won the titles of Mr. USA, AAU Mr. American, Mr. International, and Mr. Olympia Masters Over 60.
3) Roy Hilligenn began weight training when he was 18, after he fell from a four-story building and spent nine months in the hospital. He weighed 83 pounds at the time. This determined bodybuilder built himself up to win the title of “Mr. America” in 1951 and later achieved a 405-pound “clean and jerk.”
4) Patrik Baboumian, Marzia Prince, Antjuane Sims, Samantha Shorkey, Fraser Bayley, Dr. Harriet Davis, James H. Hatchel, III are few other vegetarian body builders.
World famous Vegan Athletes:
1) Martina Navratilova won hundreds of tennis titles. She is vegetarian and continues to be an outspoken advocate for vegetarianism and animal rights.
2) Carl Lewis – This famous track and field star has racked up 10 Olympic medals in his athletic career, nine of those being gold. He held world records for the long jump, 100-meter, 400-meter, and 200-meter relays.
3) Similarly, David Carter – Vegan Defensive NFL Lineman, Joe Namath most famous vegetarian football players in the history of the sport, Dalip Singh – Vegetarian Wrestler known as the Great Khali, the Indian-born Singh is a professional wrestler, actor, and power-lifter, Robert Parish – Vegetarian Basketball Player, Prince Fielder – Vegetarian First Baseman
4) MMA/UFC fighters like Mac Danzig, Jake Shields, and James Wilks.
5) Multi-sport athletes like Brendan Brazier, Rip Esselstyn, and Ben Bostrom .
6) Professional triathlete & Ultraman World Champion Hillary Biscay who just raced her 66th Ironman.
7) Ultramarathoners extraordinaire like Scott Jurek, his fruitarian compadre Michael Arnstein, and Jason Lester, with who completed 5 Ironman distance triathlons on 5 Hawaiian islands in under a week.
8) Professional Boxer, Timothy Bradley, Jr., who gave Manny Pacquiao a run for his money.
9) Kuntal Joisher & Atanas Skatov were vegetarians who climbed Mount Everest
Kanche Iliah who claims himself to be scientist and professor doesn’t have basic understanding of these facts and makes racists views.